Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 3: Picking your battles..

I FINALLY remembered to take a "Before" picture this morning... wow. That's all I can say.  Nothing like a horrible picture of yourself to kick your butt in gear and get on track. So, needless to say, I did today's workout immediately after seeing it. Haha. I am most definitely not going to be posting these pictures until I have an "after" picture to go along with them.  It's so bad.  I am happy to report, however, that today's workout definitely felt a little easier!  Still kicked my butt, but I was able to get through it without having to take a bunch of breaks. It's getting a little easier everyday, which is reassuring!

I was a little bad today for lunch.  A friend of mine asked me to go out to lunch and we went to a local Mexican place.  My plan was just to order chicken fajitas and only eat the chicken and veggies... but that plan was ruined when we got there and saw they had a lunch buffet out.  It was cheaper and had all of the stuff that I planned to order off the menu on the buffet, so it just made sense to go with the buffet.  Only I ate things other than just what I would have ordered off the menu.  I had rice and beans, which are a big paleo no-no.  I also partook in the delicious white queso cheese.  I also had a couple tortilla chips and salsa.  I didn't eat A LOT of all of these things though, more like a sampling.  I've decided not to beat myself up about these things because the rest of my eating has been on point this week/today.  It may not be Whole30 approved, but I think allowing myself little things like this every once in awhile will make eating cleaner more attainable long term, not just during this 30 days.

Normally, the old me would let today's lunch ruin the rest of my eating and my day would turn in to one big cheat-fest.. but I haven't let that happen today.  In fact, I have a delicious roast with carrots, onions, peppers, mushrooms and onions slow-cooking as we speak. It's making the house smell so good, I can't wait until it's done cooking so I can dig in!!
The pre-cooked product. :)

That's really all I've got for today.  I promise to start planning a little better and trying new recipes soon so I can share them on here for you! :)  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment