Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 2 and Feeling Proud of Myself

I'm ashamed to say that today was very hard for me.  I brought lunch to work and ate that, but it took everything I had to resist the temptation that was delicious bar food.  On top of that, I had a couple today who decided to spend about a half hour talking to me about their love of pizza and all of the delicious pizza-joint discoveries they have made over the years.  (Have I mentioned that pizza is one of my guilty pleasures?!... UGH) HOWEVER, I can proudly say that I DID resist the temptation and as much as I wanted to order some pizza, I did not. :D Instead, I stopped at the grocery store on my way home, picked up some pork chops, got them marinating in some balsamic vinegar and baked them for dinner.  I paired them with some fresh green beans and mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil.  It was delicious!  I will say that I may or may not have sprinkled a little cheese on my chili today for lunch though...... sue me.

When I got home from work I was exhausted and thought extremely hard about not working out.  But, I bit the bullet and forced myself to anyway.  I used an app on my phone called BodeeFit today since Wednesdays are "rest" days for TurboFire.  I didn't want to rest since I just started yesterday.  Anyway, I highly recommend this app/site for any of you who are looking to get in shape and just can't afford or don't have time to go to a gym.  Everyday they post a new CrossFit-style workout that uses little to no equipment so that you can do it at home.  The workouts can be tough, but are definitely do-able and can be modified for beginners.  It's also FREE! It doesn't get much better than free, right?

All in all, I think I can be very proud of today.  I'm not really feeling too many effects of the clean eating yet.. although I was feeling a little sluggish today from caffeine withdrawal until I was able to get some coffee (I even drank it BLACK!) in my system.  I'm excited to continue on this path and see my results by the end of this 30 days!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting through day 2! I'm so proud of you for resisting the urge to get pizza and that pork chop supper looks delicious. And even working out, you're on fire! Keep it up Ash!

    ReplyDelete